The Journal Update is finally here! Thanks to everyone that has supported the game from day 1, this has been on the waiting list for some time! I’ll quickly go through the various functions of the journal to get you all quickly update to date.
• To access the journal, press the green button (dailies replaced) when you’re in the flashlight menu. You can also access it through the pause screen while playing.
• Daily Challenges: These will act the exact same as the daily challenges before, there have been no changes to this.
• Side Tasks: These will show you when Hector or Paige have asked something of you. You are able to cancel the quest if you wish, but you’re only allowed to cancel 1 per day.
• Achievements: Now viewing achievements is even easier! Achievements that you had previously unlocked should be unlocked in the journal, along with a nice reward! NOTE: Eternal Blasphemy & Sugar Rushed will not be unlocked when starting the game even if it’s unlocked in your Google Play or Game Center accounts, you will have to do that one again! However, we are working on a fix.
• Character Log: You can view all the enemies, bosses and friends you’ve seen and met through the Character Log, pressing the “i” toggle while you have a character selected will show it’s description and some LORE! Have fun!
• Item Log: Similar to the character log, the item log will show you information on all the candies, curses, charms and flashlights that you’ve purchased throughout your stay in the manor!
• Leaderboards: Speed running is back! However, there’s a twist! There’s 2 leaderboards for every room, the good old fashion All Time Leaderboard where times never get removed and the Weekly Challenge Leaderboard.
• The Weekly Challenge leaderboard resets every Sunday, first, second and third place players from any leaderboard will be granted a new charm, The Golden Tako Boy! While fourth-tenth place players will be granted a The Tako Boy Charm.
• NOTE: Only 1 of each prize can be obtained weekly.
UPDATES AND FEEDBACK
• Language for treasures/charms more standardized.
• Charms that are fully upgraded will now have a purple tag.
• Charms & Flashlights obtained during a run (from a boss gift) now give ectoplasm rewards.
• Tako Boy Charm (3 levels): A little pink octopus floats behind Molli, occasionally firing ink bullets that shoot downward, piercing through floors. The projectile is destroyed when it makes contact with an enemy. Upgrade it to make it so any enemy killed by the ink bullet will spawn a poisonous ink puddle on the floor beneath where they were destroyed.
• Golden Tako Boy Charm (4 levels): A little golden octopus floats behind Molli, occasionally firing ink bullets that shoot downward, piercing through floors. The projectile is destroyed when it makes contact with an enemy. Upgrade it to make it so any enemy killed by the ink bullet will spawn a poisonous ink puddle on the floor beneath where they were destroyed.
These are both exclusively obtainable through the weekly challenge leaderboards.
• Treasure descriptions now show stat values
• Undead Curse Buff: +40 SHP -> +80 SHP
• Devil’s Bargain Buff: Give up half your MAX HP to double your current SHP and boost the strength of Soul Hearts by 2x.
• Sugar Heart Buff: Gain +25% HP.
• Soul Taffy Buff: Gain +12 SHP.
• Spirit Fudge Buff: Gain +25% HP & +25% SHP.
• Heart Lollipop Change: Convert all of your SHP into HP.
• Servants Curse (Bunber) Change: Now heart spawns are not random, Bunber will throw a heart every 5th drop cycle.
• Cloak Gumdrop Nerf: 2x -> 1.5x
• Charisma Charm Nerf: Lvl 1: 1.5x->1.25x, Lvl 2: 2x->1.5x, Lvl 3: 3x->2x
• Ecto-Meter Charm Buff: Lvl 1: 1->5, Lvl 2: 2->10, Lvl 3: 3->20, Lvl 4: 5->30
• Buster Blade: Fixed a bug that would increase soul drop rate instead of soul heart drop rate.
• Charm Menu Improvements
• Fixed a bug where skipping the ad would still revive Molli.