The Onkyo Remote Control App is an official Onkyo application for iPhone/iPod touch that lets you intuitively operate Onkyo network A/V receivers. Available as a free download, it is compatible with all network-capable Onkyo A/V receivers released in 2009 or later.
Functions Enabled by Onkyo Remote Control App:
(1) Internet radio operation. Stations can be selected by hand, without the need to view a TV display;
(2) Control of streaming audio files from a DLNA-compatible server. An iPhone/iPod touch can be used to select music directly from the server;
(3) General remote-control button operations;
(4) Unique volume-control operation, with accelerometer;
(5) Information such as radio-station frequency displayed when listening to radio. (Note: available only on A/V receivers with a built-in radio tuner);
(6) Links to the latest surround technology information and new product promotion videos.
(1) After the start-up screen has finished loading, press “Input Address”;
(2) Following the menu prompts, input your country, product category, and product number;
(3) Input IP address. (To get IP address, start the A/V receiver, press the “Setup” button on the A/V receiver’s remote controller, and select “Hardware Setup”, then “Network”. The IP address is then shown on the on-screen display.);
(4) Select “OK”, and then “Connect” on the confirmation screen.
Compatible iPhone/iPod touch Models: iPhone 3GS or later, running iOS 4.2 or later; iPod touch 3rd generation or later.
Compatible A/V Receivers/Controllers:
2009 models: TX-NR807, TX-NR1007, TX-NR3007, TX-NR5007, HT-RC180, PR-SC5507.
2010 models: TX-NR708, TX-NR808, TX-NR1008, TX-NR3008, TX-NR5008, HT-RC270, PR-SC5508.
2011 models: TX-NR509, TX-NR579, TX-NR609, HT-RC360.
Enjoy the new world of audio convenience with this free app.