Volotic is an experimental nonlinear sequencer by artist Scott Garner. What does that even mean? It means a fun way to create songs for everyone, with no musical experience required.
In Volotic, you compose a song by arranging a selection of "towers" on a grid. Each tower has a different function for creating beats, modifying beats or triggering instruments.
Here are some points with bullets next to them:
• Over fifty tower types with more on the way.
• A selection of demo compositions to get you started.
• No musical experience is required, preset scales and arpeggios keep things sounding nice.
• Manual tuning for advanced control.
• 3D sound—drag your music to focus on different sections.
• Easily record and share your composition with Everyplay.
• Tons of new towers and handy features in Plus Mode.
Volotic was selected for inclusion in the App Store Best of 2015. Neat!